Össur CTI – Outfitted with anatomically correct Accutrac® hinges and flexible cuffs and buckles, the rock-solid CTi carbon frame provides a rigid exoskeleton that stabilizes the knee joint. Breathable liners coated with bio-inert Össur® Sensil® Silicone ensure CTi remains properly positioned on the leg, for optimal functional benefit.
- For knee conditions that may benefit from increased AP and ML stability around the knee, such as: ACL, MCL, LCL, PCL, rotary and combined instabilities
- All activity levels
- Standard model for medium to high impact levels
- Pro Sport model for highest impact levels
DonJoy Defiance – The custom Defiance is DonJoy’s flagship knee brace. With clinically-proven technology including the 4-Points-of-Leverage System™ plus innovative, high-tech materials and design, this lightweight brace provides durable support for moderate-to-severe ACL, PCL, MCL and LCL instabilities. Plus, the low-profile design fits comfortably underneath clothing and sports uniforms, including hockey and football. As the strongest of DonJoy’s functional braces, the custom, carbon composite Defiance is recommended for high-collision sports, while its featherweight materials and custom fit also make it the brace of choice for activities of daily living. Available with the LoPro FourcePoint Hinge, the only hinge clinically-proven to protect the ACL. Defiance technology is on the field, on the court, on the slopes and in the water protecting knees and providing confidence to those who wear it. Available in wide assortment of colors.
AFOs – Ankle Foot OrthoticsArizona Brace – for the treatment of foot disorders to increase mobility, avoid pain, avoid surgery, and provide a better quality of life. Patented ankle brace for PTTD, or Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction. The Standard Arizona AFO stabilizes the ankle, talocalcaneal, midtarsal and subtalar joints. It is indicated for:
- PTTD (Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction)
- Talocalcaneal varus or valgus
- Tibialis tendonitis (posterior of anterior)
- Severe pronation or pes planus
- Ankle arthritis or DJD (Degenerative Joint Disease)
- Charcot foot
- Ankle, subtalar or midtarsal trauma
- Chronic Achilles tendonitis
Richie Brace® – prescribed for patients with Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction (PTTD – “flat foot”) or ankle instability. The custom contoured footplate and the orientation of the leg uprights control the abnormal pronation forces occurring with PTTD. It allows for:
- Control of first Ray, Midtarsal and Subtalar joints
- Control of Calcaneal inversion/eversion
- Pure, unrestricted sagittal ankle Motion
- Thin posterior plastic shell allows optimal shoe fit
- No need to increase shoe size
CARBON AFO’s – Ankle Foot Orthotics
Allard AFOs, including the Toe-OFF® worn by some paracyclists, can be customized by Sunshine P&O for:
- width of tibial plate
- contour of leg
- stiffness in A-P or M-L planes
- foot length
- heel height or toe lift
- partial foot amputations
Trulife Carbon Composite AFO’s with energy storing composite footplate and strut, custom-fit anterior shell and footplate. For low activity patients with simple, unilateral drop foot, maximum weight of 113 kg • 250 lb. Custom fitting of anterior shell and footplate by Sunshine Prosthetics and Orthotics.
Kinetic Research Noodle AFO – for drop foot with active plantarflexion strength.
- Positions foot for swing phase safety. Dampens heel strike for natural loading response and prevention of foot slap.
- Available with either lateral or medial strut.
- Custom fitting by Sunshine Prosthetics and Orthotics.
KAFO’s – Knee Ankle Foot Orthotics
Townsend Design – Knee Ankle Specialty Bracing using solid core graphite shell designs combined with patented knee and ankle hinge technology. The result is a rigid, durable bracing solution that achieves more effective and consistent control. Ultra light, extremely low profile, and cosmetically appealing, these designs optimize patient compliance and satisfaction.
Otto Bock FreeWalk Stance Control System was developed for patients who, due to a partial paralysis or a complete failure of the knee extensors, are unable to stabilize their knee without compensatory measures. Their innovative design creates a more natural gait cycle by locking during stance phase and unlocking during swing phase. The automatic lock is initiated by knee extension, and is only released to swing freely when a knee extension moment and dorsiflexion occur simultaneously during terminal stance. The result is a more secure, efficient gait that also reduces the incidence of typical gait compensations.
- Free swing phase, secure stance phase
- Smooth gait pattern
- Individually fabricated
- Lightweight, thin, and stable
- Suitable for a weight of up to 120 kilograms / 265 pounds
- Unilateral joint bar
ELECTRONIC LEG BRACE
Ottobock C-Brace – provides dynamic control of the entire gait cycle — stance and swing phases — in real time. Movement is smoother, safer, more controlled, and more stable, even on uneven terrain. C-Brace is the first system available to utilize advanced sensor arrays, microprocessor controls, and management of the gait cycle to dramatically improve a person’s walking ability, using electronic and mechanical systems. C-Brace was designed to help compensate for lower-limb mobility issues due to partial paralysis, incomplete spinal cord injury, post-polio syndrome, quadriceps weakness, and post-stroke. If your leg brace doesn’t let you change speeds while walking or allow you to put weight on your flexed knee when you sit down or walk down stairs, the C-Brace may help expand your activities.
- Strengthen muscles that previously were rarely used
- Reduce muscular atrophies (muscle wasting)
- Prevent contractures (stiffening of muscles, tendons, or other tissue) and joint damage caused by immobilization
- Retain cardiovascular performance (endurance) for everyday activities
- Reduce contralateral limb pain and overuse injuries