You can download our Guide for Managing Your Prosthesis for helpful answers to common problems.
NEW Ottobock C-Leg 4 Above Knee Prosthetic Leg w/ Microprocessor Knee
Intuitive Stance, the patented Inertial Motion Unit and 3D Motion Analysis are tangible ways the C-Leg 4 delivers enhanced stumble recovery and improvements in stance and swing phase control. Redesigned software greatly shortens the fitting process, and the unique Cockpit smartphone app gives patients a simple way to switch modes and check battery life.
Intuitive Stance recognizes when you have stopped moving and dampens the knee in a slightly flexed position. This makes standing more comfortable and less tiring even on uneven surfaces, ramps, and slopes. This feature is sophisticated, adjusting and readjusting with every step in real time.
Since your motion occurs in three dimensions, the C-Leg 4 uses sophisticated sensors to determine where it is in space at all times and to make precise adjustments at every moment of every step. As a result, C-Leg 4 lets you easily navigate ramps, stairs, and nearly every type of challenging surface – even when walking backwards.
With two additional MyModes, your Prosthetist can set up the knee to help make activities like biking, dancing, or golfing easier. Switching modes is simple, you can use the the Cockpit app. Sunshine Prosthetics and Orthotics Certified Prosthetist is trained to fit and customize this new device.
- Stop worrying about falls – Its sensors recognize when you’re in an insecure position, and during a trip or stumble, the C-Leg increases resistance to provide the support you need to recover before you fall. You can speed up, slow down, and go down stairs step over step with the assurance that the C-Leg is there for you.
- Multiple modes for multiple activities – two activity modes, set by your prosthetist at Sunshine Prosthetics and Orthotics at your request. You can program for your most common activities, such as specific job tasks or riding a bike
C-Leg’s standing mode gives you support with your knee flexed between 7º and 70º. Just by having that flex, you’ll find you use less energy while standing. Washing dishes or standing in line is suddenly more comfortable. For more information on the C-Leg and the C-Leg X3, which is suitable for water sports, visit Ottobock US website.
Sunshine Prosthetics and Orthotics is the only center for this personal bionic system in northern New Jersey. We are certified and trained by BiOM to customize this unit to the patient’s specific muscle and tendon needs.
The BiOM T2 System provides natural Bionic Propulsion. The device replaces the function of the individual’s lost muscle and tendon anatomy and provides more energy than it stores. (Photos courtesy of BiOM.)
- Easily change walking speed
- Stand and walk with more confidence and sense of stability
- Walk, run, hike on varying terrains including hills and stairs
SYMBIONIC® LEG is the first integrated prosthesis that combines a microprocessor knee and powered microprocessor ankle with proactive ankle flexion. SYMBIONIC® LEG was designed to enable users to experience greater safety, symmetry and confidence when walking, without needing to adapt their walking style or otherwise compensate for their prosthesis.
Sunshine Prosthetics and Orthotics is the only prosthetist in North NJ certified for the RHEO KNEE 3 device. The RHEO KNEE 3 provides the most natural knee function among all microprocessor knees because it continuously adapts to the user and the environment while providing perfect balance of stability and dynamics.
- Effortless swing initiation enables a smoother gait, even in crowds and confined spaces
- Advanced actuator and resistance control ensure best possible resistance, e.g. more support in stair descent and minimum effort needed in level ground gait
- Constant power spring provides natural progression in swing
- Five-sensor gait detection, including new gyroscope technology, ensures stability and dynamic response in every situation
- Magnetorheologic technology enables an instant response so that users never have to wait for the knee to catch up with them
Patented Z-Shock Technology in the Renegade® foot is engineered to deliver a smooth gait at any speed, resulting in a comfortable walking foot that can also stand up to high impact forces. All-carbon z-shaped heel is durable and maintenance free. Less than 1/3 the weight of traditional shock foot products, reducing socket pistoning and fatigue
Light, high-strength prosthetic designs focusing on the use of carbon fiber composite materials and smart electronics to provide sophisticated and practical solutions to the needs of lower limb amputees.
Alternative Prosthetic Services is an on-site restoration service providing custom form-fitting silicone rubber prostheses for a variety of amputations. The prostheses that they create are highly realistic in appearance, replicating each patient’s unique skin texture, color, and anatomy.